Sunday, October 21, 2012

Coca-Cola Billboard Ad is Racist, says Young Black Student

This young man says there is racism present in a Coca-Cola ad he saw in the suburbs of Atlanta.  The billboard ad shows three individuals seeming to represent three different Coca-Cola products.  The man in the middle is African-American and represents Powerade in Grape flavor.  The guy in the video makes mentions that he is also bald and wearing a sports jersey (fulfilling the stereotype that he plays basketball). To his left is a white male for Coca Cola (with lime) and to his right is a white woman for Sprite.



Do you think this ad is racist?





1 comment:

  1. I must say I laughed at first when I saw the sign, but I understand where he is coming from. I asked the same question when I see the Fruit of the Loom commercials. Ever notice that the black guy is grape!!???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...