Thursday, October 25, 2012

Houston's On Our Own. Gary Tells Daughter "Don't Bring Home a White Boy"

Houston's "On Our Own" Premiere

I really had no plans at all to watch this show.  None.

But for whatever reason I found myself watching and it did hold my attention.


There are a lot of things that can be discussed about these first episodes but one thing that stood out to me was the scene where Gary Houston warned his daughter, Rayah, not to bring a white boy home.  It made me kind of uncomfortable because if Bruce Jenner were to tell Kendall that she'd better not be dating a black boy on air, we wouldn't like it.



The second thing that stuck out to me was Bobbi Kristina's attachment to her boyfriend. She couldn't stay at her cousin's swim meet or even show up to practice with the acting coach Pat set up for her.   I have always hated when girls do that--they get a boyfriend and act like no one else exists or nothing else is important.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...