Saturday, October 20, 2012

Missy Elliot Looks Back on "Supa Dupa Fly" in Fuse Video Interview

Missy Elliot reminisces about her first album "Supa Dupa Fly" in this Fuse interview.  Ahh....Nostalgia abounds.  "Beep Beep.  Who Got the Keys to the Jeep. Vrrrrroooom!"  LOL.   Her new album "Block Party" comes out later this year on December 18. 




SOURCE



I can't believe it's been 15 years since I first saw this Missy Elliot video.  I remember the "Misdeameanor" as her AKA middle name.  I miss those days.  It really takes me back to that time in my life.




I really hope that she can come back hard.  She was so different and really original and pretty much all of her material was hot (to my teenaged self, at least) and I like how she said in the interview that others are going to have to step their visual game up for their videos.  Just go back and look at all of Missy's old music videos--everything was always so vibrant and unique.   I like that Missy never depended on the song itself to entertain.  She put just as much, if not more, effort into making the video exciting and unexpected.

Missy Elliot: "Work it"







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...