Friday, October 26, 2012

Toni Braxton's "You're Making Me High" Lyric is About Smoking Marijuana

In Toni Braxton's recent "Behind the Music" episode Toni reveals that one line in the song "You're Making Me High" was in reference to smoking weed.  Right before writing the song, she had smoked marijuana for the first time and added the following to the song:

“You roll, I lick and we can go flying into ecstasy.”





pic source= vh1.com


 She says:

“A week before [writing the song with Babyface and Bryce Wilson],  I was introduced to marijuana, and I got high for the first time. [..] In the bridge, I’m singing ‘I want to feel your heart and soul inside of me / Let’s make a deal you roll, I lick / And we can go flying into ecstasy’, I was talking about [smoking a joint].”

SOURCE 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...